Remittell Money is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, and then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
On 25th of May, the UK/EU's new data protection regulation, the GDPR, will enter into force. GDPR sets higher demands on how we as a company treat your personal information and give you better opportunities to influence our management.
What does it mean to me?
In short, GDPR means that you:
- Have the right to get more detailed information about how we treat your personal data.
- Able to, under certain conditions, request that your personal data be moved or we limit the treatment
- Get stronger opportunities to access your personal data and, under certain conditions, get them corrected or deleted
- Can approve or contradict certain treatments that we perform, for example for direct marketing
Remittell Money may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 4, 2018.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide us in the course of using the service, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number. We may also collect certain sensitive information from you including your bank account number, credit or debit card number, date of birth and social security number.
- To facilitate our Service, we request certain third party personal information from you such as your recipient's full name, physical address, email address, and phone number.
- Information about your usage of the Service, including your transaction history, how you use the Service to send or receive money, and to whom you send money.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical information about our users browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process you transactions
- To verify your identity
- To collect payment for your use of the Service
- To provide you with information about our services
- To send you marketing notices, service updates, and promotional offers
- To send transaction alerts to you and/or the recipient of your remittance
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, and rules, such as those relating to "know-your-customer", anti-money laundering requirements and finance of terrorism.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
We will not sell or rent the information we collect to third parties for their promotional purposes unless we receive your permission to do so. Nevertheless, we may share information about you (including non-public, non-personally identifiable information) with:
- Third-party service providers under contract with Remittell Money that help us with our business operations, such as transaction processing, fraud prevention, email communications, live chat and marketing. These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- In the event of the sale, acquisition or merger of some or all of our assets, your personal information might be a part of the transferred assets. We shall notify you in the event of such an occurrence by placing a notice on our website.
- Law enforcement and government officials, but only in connection with a formal request, subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure, as well as circumstances where we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, report suspected illegal activity, or investigate violations of our User Agreement.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You can access, modify or update your personal information submitted on our websites by logging in to your account and changing your preferences.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit/debit card and banking/financial information) on our site, we encrypt the transmission of that information, so all information sent between your web browser and our website remains private and secure.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Our websites contain links to other websites. Remittell Money is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy practices of these other sites prior to submitting your personal information to them.